1. Summer is meant for being outdoors, for growing things, especially children.
2. Sometimes, in spite of summer, the garden does not grow. Sometimes the bugs and deer are more savvy than the gardner. There is always next year.
3. Yard work is overrated. (see #2)
4. Easy-up shade canopies are extremely cool. Swim meet families should be labeled a sub-culture.
5. Vacations with good friends are investments for a lifetime.
6. Beach vacations with good friends are never quite long enough.
7. A little competition never hurt anyone, and may even make you stronger.
8. One must read books in the summer. Lots of them.
10. Men in Speedos need to be outlawed. Period.